This recipe is perfect when you want a quick dinner. The original recipe was in an Australian Women’s Weekly cookbook, Sensational Stir Fries. I have added chicken and sesame oil and adjusted the other ingredients to our tastes. I hope you enjoy it.
All in all, it takes about 15 minutes to prepare the ingredients and cook the meal. Perfect after a hard day at the office or when you just don’t have the inclination for something more complicated.
Quantities are for 2
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs peanut oil
- 1 chicken breast, finely sliced across the grain (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 200g – 250g of fresh noodles (I use one pouch of Wokka Singapore Style Noodles but any noodles would work)
- 2 tbs lime or lemon juice
- 2 tbs light soy sauce
- 1 or 2 dried chillies, crushed
- 2-3 cups of mung bean sprouts
- ½ cup roasted peanuts
- ½ cup fresh coriander, chopped
- Rinse noodles as per the instructions on the packet. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tsp of sesame oil and 1 tbs of peanut oil in wok. When hot, stir fry half the chicken. Repeat with balance of oil and chicken. Set aside.
- Stir fry garlic for a minute or 2, until golden.
- Add back chicken and add noodles, lime juice, soy sauce and chillies. Stir fry for a minute or 2 until mixed and heated through.
- Add mung beans sprouts – stir fry for another minute.
- Add peanuts and coriander – stir through.