It is still warm in Perth.
The other night, we were trying to work out what to have for dinner. We wanted something light and simple. I went to Eat Your Books. I love that website. It tells me that I have 15, 845 recipes on my bookshelf (and they are just the ones they have indexed). I shudder to think how many I actually do have – more like 30,000 I would think… that should keep me busy.
I typed in ‘lettuce’ and ‘coriander’. I love coriander and thought a salad incorporating coriander would be nice and refreshing. Up popped (along with many others) this lovely fresh salad. It has the never-fail combination of prawns, mango and avocado. I was off to the shop in no time.
The recipe is by Valli Little and appeared in the February 2010 edition of the Australian ABC delicious magazine.
- 400g prawns, cooked and peeled
- 1 mango (the recipe said 2, but 1 was enough) cut into cubes
- 1 avocado (again the recipe said 2 but one was enough) cut into cubes
- juice of 2 limes
- zest of half a lime
- ⅓ cup of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and chopped
- 1tbs (20 ml) honey
- 1tbs (20 ml) oil
- Devein and wash prawns, place in bowl with mango and avocado.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and pour over the salad.
- Serve as is or on a bed of lettuce.
If you use 2 mangoes, 2 avocados and lettuce you may wish to double the dressing as we just had enough.
Addendum: You may also like my post: Prawn, Mango and Avocado Salad with Coconut Dressing.